Instagram

Follow Me @ Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, October 28, 2012

#5 Attica, Melbourne

Say What?! I'm ON HOLIDAY! like finally! Who doesn't like/want holidays. I LOVE Holidays! Because that's the only time I'm free to enjoy every little things I do. No stress. Yes, a bit. *Result* However, my holiday would not last more than a month because I'm taking spring subject and I'm all excited to learn france this spring. Okie, enough of my nonsense. Let's get back to my Chapter 5, Attica, is an exceptional restaurant located in the suburb of Ripponlca, Melbourne, Australia. 

Attica is a 3 Hat chef restaurant (2012), Awarded as Restaurant of the year (2012) and Ranked 53rd in the WORLD! So is definitely worth giving it a try ;) And since I'm already in Melbourne, why not? Thanks Sillie for the awesome nights, with awesome friends! 


Dates for the night <3 font="font"> 


When I first found out that Attica is a top 100 restaurant in the world, I stressing out to find the right outfit to go with it. But I do not want to dress up too serious for the night because based on others'  review, it does not seems like a five star/ higher star restaurant. 

When I first walk in, the staff greeted us with a lovely smile on their face. Service is knowledge, friendly and they are all passionate about the dishes! You will eventually 'explode' that when they present the food. The ambience was great, the people was great, the accompanied even greater :D  


Bread, as usual. The BUTTER was so good!! 


I forgotten the dishes name before the main ones. BUT.. None of us like this dish. Is a kind of vegetable from their garden. Yes! They have their own garden (most of the vegetable, for cook/for decoration purposes) are from their garden nearby the restaurant. 


This petite little ones are hazelnut. Some may like it some may not. Like myself, I find it good and Sillie doesn't really like it. Is definitely a personal preference dish. 



And again. I'm a very forgetful person. And I couldn't remember all the dishes the staff explained. But this was yummy! If I'm not mistaken is fried mussel. And I still don't get it why decorate with a-sad-wooden-man-face. 


Awww.. I miss this bowl of clear mushroom soup a whole lot! Is so goooood! I'm giving this mushroom with a little bit of flower feeling double like! 


Finally! Here comes our dishes :) We pick the 5 course Tasting Menu because we compared and we concluded that we can't finish them all and the food and price doesn't make much difference :) And every different other day, they serve different menu. We went on a Thursday. So they offer 5 & 8 course tasting menu. Check their website for contact and menu details. They change every month. 


1) Crab and Artichoke Leaves


2) Their famous: A simple dish of Potato cooked in the earth it was grown 


3) King george whiting in paperbark



Because Jie (Mei Li's bf) can't take any milky and buttery food. So he got a replacement. (No idea what is that, but he loves it)


4) Flinders Island Wallaby, Bunya Pine, Ground Berry 
    (So GOOODDD!)


5) Native Fruits of Australia 
I'm a big fan of ice cream, dessert, chocolate, basically everything sweets and milky, just like any other girl. But frankly, I never like dessert like this, they are too real to be good (For Me). I would prefer a bowl of vanilla ice-cream instead of a natural made dessert like this. Weird, I know. 


And lastly, guess what they serve us :) Is an chocolate caramel 'egg' .. I love it so much although is a little too sweet, but.. you know what I mean! Overall, I enjoyed my night very much, like I mentioned earlier, great food with great accompanied. The service was great! And the food! And everything else! Definitely worth the pay! I strongly recommend all of you to give it a try if you're in Melbourne! 




Yes! No doubt, I'm putting on a few kilo already! :( BUT! I made a promise, I will get back to a healthy body! Thanks for popping by! Stay tune for another dinner day out <3 font="font" nbsp="nbsp">

xo


2 comments:

  1. Nice arh the food? Doesn't look satisfying leh, all so small portion then the price OMGodness! Hahaha! You look pretty though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear :) The Wallaby, fried muscle, bread, clear soup and 'egg; are really good. Maybe I'm not a western food kinda person. that's why? hahahah!

      Delete